Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh Dear


Hello, it's me again. I've got two spiders living in my bathroom, Len and Barry. They're those sort of house spiders with a tiny body relative to their spindly legs. They never seem to eat anything the weirdos, they just hang around in various corners. Every morning I say, "Mornin' lads". One time Barry lunged at my hand as I was trying to shoo him away from the sink, the cheeky fucker. Len is a bit more timid.

I swear the above is all true. Fucking edge of the seat stuff or what!

Alright you bastards let's 'av at it. My life changed forever in 2000. Before they stole the election, the neo-cons in US political circles were known as 'the Crazies'. The Project for a New American Century blah dee blah. (I can't provide links by the way because I tend to start talking backwards, frothing at the mouth, and brandishing crucifixes if I have to do anything other than type on a computer. Wanker. I like these parantheses. Gives me a chance to swear like a motherfucking cocksucker). Anyway, when I look back now for me that year was like waking up into a nightmare. I had always had a very broad understanding of the world's machinations but never, to my chagrin, really intellectually engaged myself with the meat of things.

I think in the run-up to that election I was so naive that I thought that Gore would surely win. Who in the name of Christ could not discern the patently obvious consequences of letting those psychotic cunts get their oar in? Even I was aware back then that the modern neo-con vision was birthed in the Reagan years, and I just vaguely assumed that their detractors would have their shit sorted with some backbone. When the Big Theft occured I was shocked and saddened. And then the towers imploded. And building seven. I had been distracted in the period before then by travelling to an exotic land to live for awhile. So I watched that horror live in a bar in the tropics. I think it was after about ten hours before the MSM was fingering Osama/Hussein. Anyone with any perception knew what was going to transpire, though not in detail. My last lights of hope dimmed with the 'flip-flopping' and swift-boating and outright theft of the next election.

I was still in the tropics when that farce went down. I can only describe it now as stepping into the abyss. I'm sure most of us felt it. I couldn't have described it to you at the time, but I knew this was something that would explicitly inform my life's path. I became a hermit and when I wasn't teaching I was reading. Sand-blasting away half a lifetime of omissions, misdirections and fucking pure lies. I'm properly pissed off about it by the way.


I'm cognizant of the fact that this is as shallow as the half inch of water in the dog bowl that unfortunate drunk Russian men sometimes fall into and drown, but it does my head in. I know asking for pertinent comments would be like praying every night for everybody to just sit down together and get right mashed - can you imagine Rice, Olmert, Karzai, whatever murderous tribal leader has the favour of all sorts of cunts in Iraq, Sarkozy, Brown - fuck it - let's get the Bilderburgers and the Trilateral Commission and the World Bank and the IMF - all together. They're in a huge plush room with a free bar. They've been chonking on a really nice Kush for an hour or two. The massive sound-system pumps out 'Are You Feeling Irie' by Steel Pulse. That's the answer right there my friend.


Reading back there a few lines, something which I generally try to avoid doing, I notice I may have given issue to an entirely new verb; 'to chonk' - to engage lustily in the hallowed tradition of getting right mashed with huge lungfuls of ganja, and then with lidded-eyes to bear witness on the wonder of the world. I tell you what, I really like Buzz Aldrin. I wish that cunt was my Dad.

I just checked around and to celebrate I'm going to chonk a nice big joint - we've got a new verb here people, stay frosty.

"Do not be a tourist in your own life, your own body, your own landscape, your own world. Remember, this is where you live. This is your life. Live it wisely. Live it in service to those you love, not in service to the machine. Let glittering trinkets go........can't remember the rest. You're guaranteed it was very wise though. I tell you what, I'm mashed.

Laters.

10 comments:

Dr Maroon said...

I cannot tell you how cheered I was by your return.
It was like the first drink on a Friday night, like the friendly smile of a buxom barmaid, like good drunken kinky sex with two barmaids and free beer and a run home in the morning.

Dr Maroon said...

"I can only describe it now as stepping into the abyss. I'm sure most of us felt it. "

Dunno, it doesn't do to give a fig about these things, the two spiders are much more appealling.

Since I was born, the population of the world has doubled, meaning my significance has halved in my own lifetime.

Pass us that joint for God's sake, hogging bastard. Hey, put on the black keys, they're pretty good with a smoke.

Philip said...

How do you know the spiders are male? If they're big and evil they may very well be female. This is the case with many species of the Arthropoda, in which the male is expected to do little more than mate and touch up the interior decorating a bit before getting his head bitten off and his exoskeleton sucked dry. Takes all sorts.

Word Verification: Uwuzoh, the notorious Nigerian bishop, homophobe and used-car salesman.

Foot Eater said...

...touch up the interior decorating a bit... getting his head bitten off and his exoskeleton sucked dry

Round where I live, that's fighting talk.

Gaius said...

Hail and again well met Good D. I really fucking like your succinct little bits of advice. In fact I deleted several really fucking depressing sites from my bookmarks. I'm going to stick to the funnies - I mean the MSM - for awhile. I would question your limning of your own signifance, but I'm halfway through a cone of a certain country's finest, and my wrists are heavy on the laptop and my fingers are flapping around like misguided little living pillows. Anyway Good D., fair play.

Philip you know what I hadn't even considered that. However, Len has had a growth spurt and when I went to have a shower the other day Barry was fucking around in there so I grabbed the designated soft-backed A4 book and lifted him out. Onto the windowsill where Len was, and they approached each other. Stopped so they could touch legs, and then they just looked they were pulling gang signs at each other for a few seconds. Or fucking vogueing maybe. And then they merrily fucked off to take new station somewhere else in the bathroom. They seem to be down with each other.

Gaius said...

Hail and again well met Good D. I really fucking like your succinct little bits of advice. In fact I deleted several really fucking depressing sites from my bookmarks. I'm going to stick to the funnies - I mean the MSM - for awhile. I would question your limning of your own signifance, but I'm halfway through a cone of a certain country's finest, and my wrists are heavy on the laptop and my fingers are flapping around like misguided little living pillows. Anyway Good D., fair play.

Philip you know what I hadn't even considered that. However, Len has had a growth spurt and when I went to have a shower the other day Barry was fucking around in there so I grabbed the designated soft-backed A4 book and lifted him out. Onto the windowsill where Len was, and they approached each other. Stopped so they could touch legs, and then they just looked they were pulling gang signs at each other for a few seconds. Or fucking vogueing maybe. And then they merrily fucked off to take new station somewhere else in the bathroom. They seem to be down with each other.

Gaius said...

So sorry.

Andraste said...

Did you know Nostradamus predicted you?

Now you know.

Binty McShae said...

Mate, re: your comments at mine, no worries... your point of view is noted. I do appreciate annonymity, it served me well over the hellish couple of years I've just had, although the facade is being gradually stripped away from the Binty persona.

It's a funny old thing this interweb ain't it...

sarah said...

i haven't "chonked" in years. it seems a habit, i'd like to indulge again.. i do enjoy your new verb.

i just want you to know.. the electorial system the U.S. uses to elect presidents - is set up so that elections CAN be stolen.. now, what the fuck does that say? (i'm in the U.S.) i've thought the whole idea of the majority vote NOT counting in such an important matter was always fucking dodgey. with the technology we have available now, and since the fucking majority vote it counted ANYWAY.. why the hell isn't it used?

whatever..

even if they are lady spiders - len and barry are good names..